Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The Cult of a Cardinal Number

From: Mark Lowes <hamster () proftpd org>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:36:47 +0000

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 05:37, Phantasmal Phantasmagoria wrote:
- ---- Final thoughts ----------------
It is difficult, if not impossible, to please every group of the security
community when releasing information pertaining to a vulnerability. Some
will say that I should of contacted the vendor, some will say I should
of kept the bug to myself, some will say I should of released exploit
code. I can only offer one account; The Cult of a Cardinal Number has
finished. It was found, exploited, and patched. And it has finished.

A cc of this email to security () proftpd org would have been appreciated
if you felt the need not to give any prior warning to the team so
problematic versions could be removed from the ftp archives and/or
patched.

    Mark Lowes

--
Mark Lowes <hamster () proftpd org>