Full Disclosure mailing list archives

OT - Groupwise Protocol(s) (was Re: Operating Systems Security, 'Microsoft Security, baby steps')

From: "Ian Latter" <Ian.Latter () mq edu au>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:34:21 +1000

Hello Daniele,

  I'm catching up on email and saw this -- are you (or anyone else
here) familiar with the notify protocol running under the fat-client
verison of Groupwise?  If so can you email me off list .. I want to
know if there's a way around the UDP->TCP flip that it does mid-
stream (can be seen on a decent sized Busy Search in the
Schedule/Calendar) -- or predict the outbound port used to notify
on new email, prior the inbount poll done by the client every 8
minutes.

  We've been burnt by these oddities in the protocol and aren't
getting anywhere with Novell (apparently they were reporting a
52 hour wait on their support queue last week  ;-)

Thanks,