Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: NEVER open attachments

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:42:15 -0600

--On Friday, March 19, 2004 02:27:53 PM -0500 VB <vb () bitsmart com> wrote:

NEVER open attachments

So, why do these folks post attachments? Why is this even permitted? I
would love to hear what these people have to say, but i cannot break my
own rule to find out.

Fine. I'll answer for them. It's called PGP. You might try looking it up some time. They are PGP-signing their posts, and the sig comes across as an attachment.

Here - I'll copy Valdis' sig from his most recent post:

You might try using an MUA that actually understands this stuff.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member