Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Need help in performing aremotevulnerability scan

From: "Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:46:16 +0530

-----Original Message-----
From: full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com
[mailto:full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com]On Behalf Of Byron
Copeland
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 10:24 AM
To: ald2003 () users sourceforge net
Cc: Scott Connors; full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] Need help in performing
aremotevulnerability scan

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 07:02, Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh] wrote:

Where can i find the details on how to do that?
I am not a guru at this.

What specific agent would you recomend?

another way to do it is to send a autorun of VNC server that
would allow you to take control of the remote server as if you
were sitting in front of them at the keyboard. for VNC go to
http://tightvnc.sf.net

I agree that some sort of vpn approach would be best for this.  But
tightVNC doesn't fit at all in that category.

Tight VNC over a VPN not over untrusted network - sorry for not being clear in my original post

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html