Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Searching chroot-like jail for Windows

From: "Marco Ellmann" <ellmann () gmx de>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:05:46 +0100

Hello all,

After spending unproductive hours in googling I want to ask a question to
the list:

I am searching for a program-jail that works like chroot but it should do
this with my windows 2003 server. I want to secure server executables like
IIS, Exchange or only eMule.
Of course there are several methods to secure the server. I can create dummy
users with low rights, deny them access to wide ranges of the file-system
and the registry and run the programs with these unpriviledged credentials,
but this is not the same.

So is there anyone who can help me or who already implemented a more
chroot-like jail with microsoft windows?

Regards

Marco Ellmann
Systems Engineer
mailto:iss () uni de