Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Has anyone seen this in their e-mail

From: Aschwin Wesselius <full-disclosure () illuminated nl>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:54:23 +0100

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 01:44, Edward W. Ray wrote:
This e-mail was addressed to my mail server.  It even looked
authentic, but since my mail server never sends me zip attachments I
thought it strange.

Please be careful when opening.  The zip file contains an executable,
and I would assume it is some kind of virus or worm.

Has anyone else seen something similar?

Regards,

Edward W. Ray

Yeah, this looks like one I've got yesterday too.

The message was different and even the password was different (clever
virus-writer huh). I bet it is a Bagle.Gen-zippwd (who gives them names
actually?) sort of worm, but am not sure.

I dare not to open it at all. At least my ClamAssassin fetched it and
sorted it into my Virus folder. This means that ClamAV (for Linux)
recognizes it as a worm/virus

Kind regards,

Aschwin Wesselius

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.