Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: security enforcement - new monitor for winnt

From: "http-equiv () excite com" <1 () malware com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:31:44 -0000

<!--

afaik, i can stop ie 0day exploits by doing these things.

so, i made this:

http://umbrella.name/winblox/

of course, free.

-->

This is fantastic. A truly useful effort for the benefit of the
so-called "security community". And free. And from security
expert who actually finds new and imaginative full and complete
remote compromises and other goodies against the ubiquitous mass
produced products from 'Microsoft'.  Perhaps others out there
can contribute to Liu Die Yu's most generous efforts and develop
this free utility even further for the good of the so-
called "security community". There really is no need for anyone
to spend a nickel to achieve any of this. For example, securing
the 'My Computer' zone requires nothing more than a .reg entry
to allow the same security settings in Internet Explorer to be
revealed, there's even a 'Microsoft' KB article showing how to
do that. For free !:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315933

I take it you will be at the Gartner Symposium/Itxpo 2004.

--
http://www.malware.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html