Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Telnet Sniff Problems

From: IndianZ <indianz () indianz ch>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:01:32 +0100

Hi again List

I saw some answers about my problem concerning snaplen, I've already
considered and rechecked that. The problem is, everything works fine.
I first thought about libpcap-problems, but it would not only have influence
on the telnet password, if this would be the cause. I can use ethereal,
dsniff or tcpdump (sniffit I will test next), always the same problem.

The password must be transmitted on the wire (because the telnet session
otherways shows everything normal, no redirects or Kerberos-Activity), but in
all sniffers there is only a single box (undisplayable ascii character) when
the password should follow, nothing else.

Any help welcome...

GreetZ from IndianZ

mailto:indianz () indianz ch
http://www.indianz.ch