Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Backdoor not recognized by Kaspersky

From: maarten <fulldisc () ultratux org>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:44:00 +0100

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 12:31, David Kammering wrote:
Hi,

Attached backdoor not recognized by Kaspersky or Norton 2004?

That zip-archive went right through our TrendMicro Virusgateway (newest
Pattern files: 797) :-( Seems like the scanner(s) have problems with
password-secured zips, will evaluate this later.

Well, what would you expect, that the virusgateway would brute-force crack the
zip password ?  No.  It has only two options:

A) Delete all password protected zipfiles regardless
  or
B) Let any and all password protected zipfiles through.

Option A) is not really [usually] acceptable in the real world. (YMMV)

Maarten

--
Yes of course I'm sure it's the red cable. I guarante[^%!/+)F#0c|'NO CARRIER

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html