Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: What Your Empty Wallet Says About You

From: "Jos Osborne" <Jos () meltemi co uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:05:57 +0100

I certainly didn't think I would need to apply data destruction to a worn-out container (an interesting
thought exercise in itself -- I don't want to burn it and choke on fumes, and I don't think the office
shredder will cope...).

I guess you're not a VB programmer then, or you'd know that after you've finished with an object you always set it to
nothing to destroy it's container object... ;>

I know, facile, but somebody had to say it.

Seriously, this is another wonderful example of "side leak" where data gets out in ways you wouldn't have thought of.
Like when you get a new pin, and it's been printed on a piece of paper inside one of those print through envelopes.
They always warn you to destroy the piece of paper with the pin on it, but if you look closely at the inside of the
envelope your pin is fairly legible.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html