Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: User auto added to Outlook Express contacts

From: "Aditya, ALD [ Aditya Lalit Deshmukh ]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:23:34 +0530

Does anyone have any idea how this works ?

I have all the latest critical updates and cannot find a setting in Outlook
Express to prevent this so could this possibly used for an exploit ?

maybe this is not even a virus but a default behavoir of express
here is how to disable it

select tool > options >
in the windows that opens select "send"
uncheck "Automatically put the people that i reply in my address book"

and that will be the end of this

- aditya

ps. next time please send this type of question to the security basics list and then send it over here
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
éb½êÞvë"žaxZÞx÷«²‰Ú”Gb¶*'¡óŠ[kj¯ðÃæj)m­ªÿr‰ÿ

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html