Full Disclosure mailing list archives

(no subject)

From: "Bill Cerynik" <bill () vcconsulting biz>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:59:33 -0400 (EDT)

AMEN!!!  Preach it, brother!

Best regards,
Bill Cerynik
Managing Partner

VC Consulting LLC
973.616.8170
bill () vcconsulting biz
http://www.vcconsulting.biz

<Bringing open source solutions to the real world>

Message: 12
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:52:11 -0400
From: Len Rose <len () netsys com>
To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: [Full-disclosure] Administrivia: Classical Rant

ATTENTION LAMERS

Speaking for myself only, something has to be done
about the quality of the information, and the standards
of netiquette on this list.

We all don't need to see mindlesS banter, and other noise
spewing back and forth. If you can, please try to not post
this spewage to the list, but instead send mail to each other
(after carefully cutting and pasting on your windows desktop)

If you must send it to the list it must be in terms of
technical content, whether it is of a real security issue
and not if Yahoo will increase your disk space or what slashdorks
posted about something that was known since 2 months ago.

I use the word technical loosely as in my mind, anything
security related is inherently technical even if it/is not
actually dealing with code or networks or systems.

I'm very sick of seeing the amount of lame crap on this list,
and I imagine a great deal of others are too.

Thanks for listening.

 PS Unlike other "reputable" lists, we try not to censor
    anyone if they at least subscribe and never hit the
    queue. Lately we default to "delete" and try to approve
    those people who insist on posting without subscribing,
    or posting from a non-subscribed address. If "reputable"
    means bugtraq or cert then beat me with a stick.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html