Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Possible First Crypto Virus Definitely Discovered!

From: James Bliss <james.bliss () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:43:20 -0500

On Thursday 10 June 2004 2:06 pm, Billy B. Bilano wrote:

Since you can't get rid of a virus like this we are going to get rid of
the Windows! The CEO told me to get rid of the virus and get the servers
back up at whatever the cost! So now that I have a blank check I am
going to do what's right and go BIG IRON! I am putting in the PO for
four loaded Sunfire 6800's to replace our two dual Xeon Windows web
servers. Since the site is already written in JAVA it should be no
problem since Suns run the JAVA in hardware!

I have an 8088 which I am willing to part with for a mere $3,000.  This is
a much larger number than 6800 and therefore should be able to meet your
needs much more efficiently.  I have not run any comparisons though, so I
cannot guarantee it.

I have heard that trolls have been moving to 8088s from their older
hardware.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html