Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Full-disclosure digest, Vol 1 #1694 - 33 msgs

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 10:03:41 -0500

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 01:54, Todd Burroughs wrote:
Also, read the whole thing, "Expert sysadmin since 2003" should
clue you in that it's either a joke or the guys an idiot.  (I suspect
that he's laughing at the responses...)

While that signature line and the overall tone of the email sounded
suspiciously (although funny), the "clue" should have come after a whois
lookup on the bilano.biz domain which was registered just a week ago.
Listed as the contact is a certain "Reverend Deuce". And if that doesn't
sound suspicious enough yet, do a lookup on spudland.com and visit that
web site, and all will be clear.

Yet we have handful of gullible folks replying. It seems to show that
this list has a high number of ... subscribers that don't even do basic
research on issues and/or posters, but take everything at face value and
start replying immediately.

However sad that may be, I can't deny the humor in the initial post and
some of the replies...

Cheers,
Frank