Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IE, how to detect in which zone scripts are executed?

From: "Eric Paynter" <eric () arcticbears com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:52:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, July 27, 2004 9:48 pm, ALD, [ Aditya Lalit Deshmukh ] said:
i would like to know from all ie auditing folks if there is a simple way
to understand in which zone a scripts
(vbscript,jscript,hta) are executed.

depends from where they were loaded ! if loaded from a website then they
would run in internet/intranet zone but if they were to be loaded from the
local file system then it is run as my computer

but there are many expliots that make these zones usless...

I think that's the point: to determine which zone it is *actually*
executing under, regardless of the source.

-Eric

--
arctic bears - email and dns services
http://www.arcticbears.com