Full Disclosure mailing list archives

OT: On *not* reporting spam to your ISP (Was: Re: Ahh shucks!!)

From: Damian Gerow <damian () sentex net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:55:50 -0500

Thus spake Jonathan A. Zdziarski (jonathan () nuclearelephant com) [06/01/04 09:30]:
Could we please knock it off with forwarding spam to this list? That's
what abuse () yourisp com is for.

AHHH!  No, it most certainly is not!  abuse () yourisp com is for spam
*involving* yourisp.com's networks.  Please either parse the headers
yourself and report them yourself, or use some automated utility (such as
SpamCop).  We abuse desk folk have enough work just tracking down the
miscreants *on* our networks, we don't need to be responsible for those who
aren't.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html