Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OT: http://rss.com.com/2100-1002-5076903.html?tag=nl

From: George Capehart <capegeo () opengroup org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:37:32 -0500

On Sunday 11 January 2004 01:15 pm, Ka wrote:

<snip>

OK, my serious answer -- I hope the straight way of expressing myself
is not taken personally.

Not at all.  I appreciate straight talk.

I think "they" got "it" quite well.

It's just a question, what this "it" is for you.
MS plays for market share and public opinion and influence to
politicians. And MS does that quite well. While the IT professionals
have not managed to create a professional association in 35 years.

If "we" (IT professionals) had a world wide organisation with as many
members (percent-wise) as MS has world wide market share,
there would be no need to nag about Balmers statements.

You are absolutely right.

Sorry.  That just insulted even my limited intelligence . . .

Everybody has his limits. It just depends for what you use your
resources.

It's time we as a professional group start talking and walking like
adults (at least more than in the past), I think. Just playing with
computers is fine, but not enough.

Agreed.  And believe me, I have spent many an hour trying to figure out
how to approach the problem.  Unfortunately, every solution I can come
up with involves educating the masses . . . many of whom don't want to
be confused with facts . . .  ;>

/g

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html