Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: 3 new MS patches next week... but none fix 0x01!

From: "David Bartholomew" <dfbarth () akiva com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:05:52 -0500

Curious. I wondered why I didn't see the little control character marker in
there when I pulled this page up like I did with the front page. It's
interesting, too, that someone should bother to put this sort of stuff in
the form action section - but as a test I went and filled out the initial
form with random info, just to see what the whole thing looked like.

Figured that maybe they were putting the text in place to 'fill' your status
bar so that you couldn't see the real stuff at the end of it. Seemed to be
what happened. It seems like so much work to bother with the 0x01 exploit at
the beginning of the whole thing, when you could have just as readily done
all this with javascript onmouseover events so that unless you looked at the
source, the button would have looked totally legit.

.dfbarth

***
David Bartholomew, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Net+, A+
Technical Lead - Akiva, Inc.
***