Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Unusual behaviour of PIX

From: "Patrick Doyle" <patrick.doyle () bbc co uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:43:51 -0000

Proxy arp is on by default on the PIX.

Your WAN clients could be getting the Mac Address of the PIX, instead of the DHCP server when trying to obtain an IP
address via DHCP.

You can turn off proxy arp by using

sysopt noproxyarp if_name

This could break NAT tho', another way of doing this would be to create a static arp entry for your DHCP server on the
PIX

arp if_name ip mac

www.cisco.com should be able to help you out with any such queries.

Paddy