Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft confirms source code leak

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:31:00 -0500

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:32:52 PST, "Edward W. Ray" <support () mmicman com>  said:
"Does it not appear that the leak could have been done to ensure that M$ has
a legal argument to abate liability in case they are sued?"

I think their EULA which you accept when installing covers their ass for
just about anything.

The leak covers the case where Bad People don't accept the EULA. "We tried
hard to secure the code, and the Bad People wouldn't have found the hole
that took out the entire ATM system if they hadn't had the source code...".