Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MS updates question

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:16:53 -0500

In some cases you have to install other patches first (this should be obvious to most of you). As an example if you don't upgrade to media player 9 then you don't get the security patch for the command execution vuln. As an other example you may have 3 patches to install right now and one of them is a Service pack... after the SP install you may find that you now have 20 things to patch.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

-KF

adam.richards wrote:
In Windows Update in the left column there is a section to customize Windows
Update.  Make sure you don't have any blocked.

Adam Richards
Network Administrator
WorldNet Communications, Inc.
318-213-9827 / Fax 318-213-8534