Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: sample of what's required to be written in a security related contract

From: ravyn <ravyn () omega2 com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:19:28 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, just for know how wrote:

  my fellow colegue from the commercial dpt. asked what guarantees could
  i offer and if i had a sample contract for such services. Now my fellow
  posters, i ask for thy help. Could anyone help me with such a contract
  ? Basicly any IIS-like paper will do. A sample contract for this type
  of services. Kthx. [...]

guarantees?  i don't think you want to even touch that one.  you can
guarantee that you'll set up the machine, that it'll boot, and that it'll
route packets from one network to another, but if you or anyone in your
marketing department is considering the idea of any sort of security
guarantees (i.e., this machine will never get rooted, your files will
never be compromised, or we guarantee at most one break-in per year) then
i think you're opening yourself up to some serious liability.

--ravyn

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html