Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: And how long have buffer overflows been around?

From: Vincent.Maes () aps com
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:03:46 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com
[mailto:full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com] On Behalf Of Edward W.
Ray
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 5:51 PM
To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: [Full-disclosure] And how long have buffer overflows been
around?

Furthermore, the security kernel of the Windows NT server software was

written before the Internet.

Does anyone know if the concept of "Windows time" exist?  I'd really
like to know the beginning of it's epoch.

Windows 95 was written without a single security feature, he said, as
it was designed to be
totally open...

It still is...isn't it?

--Vin

"MMS <apsc.com>" made the following annotations.
--- NOTICE ---
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any copy or
printout.  Unintended recipients are prohibited from making any other use of this e-mail.  Although we have taken
reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or damage
arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or errors or omissions in the contents which
result from e-mail transmission.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html