Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re: Proofpoint Protection Server remote MyS QL r oot user vulnerability

From: Tony Kava <fulldisclosure () pottcounty com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:38:09 -0600

That's lovely, since the advisory wasn't aimed at Red Hat, but at
Proofpoint (www.proofpoint.com), as was clearly mentioned in the
text you quoted:

Very well, I misread that advisory.  Thank you for so kindly pointing that
out.  I suppose I could apologize to the anonymous author.  Truthfully, I
had never heard of the application Proof Point so I had assumed that it was
the name of the releasing group, not the vendor of the vulnerable
application.  Yes, of course, visiting the site may have cleared that up,
but I generally don't visit links from anonymous posters.

--
Tony Kava
Network Administrator

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.