Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re[2]: Would you trust these Emails (EBAY & PAYPAL)

From: "Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:32:40 +0530

A concept like PGP would probably be fairly safe.  Mails from your
bank, for instance, should be digitally signed.  That would make them
a lot harder to fake.  I agree on the non-HTML part, they are an
unnecessary risk.

pgp would be fairly safe if the user manages to decrypt the signature and manages to verify the *CORRECT* signature
from the correct location.

unnecessary complicated steps that most users will never do.

i had deployed gpg on my machines but my users never ever sign their mail or even encrypt it even thought it is just a
click of a button ( gpg fontend, quite stable also )

Is there a way to track where the credit card information from the
fake paypal site goes?

maybe the credit card co do have a red flag false credit numbers that can be and are being tracked like this ....

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html