Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Second critical mremap() bug found in all Linux kernels

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:30:07 -0600

--On Thursday, February 19, 2004 4:00 PM -0700 John Galt <galt () locutus isu edu> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Paul Schmehl wrote:

--On Thursday, February 19, 2004 2:52 PM +0000 Dave Howe
<DaveHowe () cmn sharp-uk co uk> wrote:

> I thought that was *why* this list was formed - because Bugtraq's new
> owners took the vunerability 'sploit/proof of concept database
> offline.... or am I missing some deeper subtlety where you critisize
> action X by a third party but privately do the same thing?

When did *that* happen?  You can still download exploit code from the
vulns db at Securityfocus.  IIRC, the list was started because bugtraq
was suppressing some posts, not because the vuln db was removed.  If
*that* were the case, wouldn't you expect to find a vuln db at fd?
Where is it?

So how does this justify your attempted supression of exploits on this
list?  Do you also want us to change your nappies (no pins on your widdle
bottom!) and give you your binkie while we tuck you in?

I think you got your attributions screwed up. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member