Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: overburning edit of molded cdroms feasible?

From: Saber Taylor <elven_org_backup () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:20:56 -0800 (PST)

Saber Taylor wrote:
Scenario: chinese agent buys molded cdroms from
[...]
Phillip Paradis wrote:
1. Recording data on a pressed CD is physically
[...]
2. Most retailers will not accept opened software,
movies, cassettes,

I was cheating here a little bit in my discussion
bait. Gosh though, I can see how these lists draw
people in to talking about locksmith type of ideas.

China has lots of bootleg pressed cdrom factories so I
doubt they are hideously difficult to utilize if an
organization has access to them. But otherwise
morning_wood trumped my idea.

On the second matter, a friend-of-a-friend several
years ago obtained a shrinkwrap machine (which he used
for nefarious porpoises to his heart's delight). The
card board tear-off seals on some cdrom envelopes may
be more tamper resistant, but most customers wouldn't
notice if Badguy replaced them with a more generic
envelope (inside the shrinkwrapped box).

S. Taylor