Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: I'm calling for LycosEU heads and team to resign or be sacked

From: bkfsec <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:08:16 -0500

Jason wrote:

It is an effective method to make your voice heard using a different form and it is not only acceptable it is a form of peaceful protest IMHO.

My question is how effective at stopping spam can it actually be?

For this to work, you not only have to DDoS dedicated SPAM systems, you have to DDoS compromised hosts on disparate networks, many of which combined provide internet access to the unwashed masses, including most of us in all likelihood. What happens when we all point an infinite number of guns at each other and pull the trigger at the same time? :)

            -Barry

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html