Full Disclosure mailing list archives

scanning IP Address List

From: David Hane <dlhtux () sbcglobal net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:20:44 -0700

Hey all,

I know everyone has been talking about failed ssh logins using default
usernames. I've also started seeing a lot of SSH version scanning and failed
connections to my mail servers. The funny thing is, I have servers in
different IP ranges located throughout the country yet some of the offending
IP addresses are the same.

Has anyone else seen a noticeable increase in these other types of "hacks"?
More specifically are these IP addresses hitting anyone else out there?

Log samples:

222.183.140.102 - did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to
MTA-v4
65.119.27.221 - sshd Timeout before authentication
147.46.40.65 - SSH-1.0-SSH_Version_Mapper scan
204.211.2.57 - Illegal user test

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html