Full Disclosure mailing list archives

***INTERLAND*** 's default vps PROBABLY has REMOTE COMPROMISE vulnerability

From: Liu Die Yu <liudieyu () umbrella name>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:54:39 +0800

this message is only useful for INTERLAND users and spammers.

INTERLAND is the most popular web hosting corporation online - even bigger than VERIO - according to 3rd-party survey. INTERLAND's default vps PROBABLY has REMOTE COMPROMISE vulnerability. "PROBABLY" means i just checked the version # of apache, but have not exploited it yet.

when i was planning to run my webapp on INTERLAND's web server, i found the server is running apache.1.3.22 and php4.0.x. after checking security record at httpd.apache.org AND php.net, i found both apache and php contain serious vulnerabilities:

the most serious problem is critical: apache1.3.22 contains REMOTE COMPROMISE vulnerability:
   Apache Chunked encoding vulnerability  CVE-2002-0392

i created support ticket in my account, and waited for about 36 hours, but no one responded. then i closed the ticket. it looks like the support staff don't care for remote compromise - or too busy to fix it. so INTERLAND users must download and install apache themselves.

for demonstration purpose, the following INTERLAND websites are running apache1.3.22
209.203.227.116,  209.203.227.115, 209.203.227.114
209.203.227.117 is an exception - it's my web server with apache1.3.32 and php5 :-))))

Regards,

Liu Die Yu
http://umbrella.name/people/liu.dieyu/

UMBRELLA.NAME