Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: lame bitching about xpsp2

From: devis <devis () easynix net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:01:38 +0200

I am getting nimda probes because nimda from a start was made possible by MS designing a web server full of damn holes ( read not tested, deadlines, time is money ). Do not blame the people not patching their boxes, as it is the problem today, but not the problem that caused it. That is what i am talking about short term memory. Track problem at their source instead of fixing now whats leaking., and will releak soon another way. Aren't we likely to see a new worm attacking MS systems in the next future ? Of course we will. Time to stop pretending computing is easy just to sell their damn sofware, and educate people about computer security, which is the reverse of what they have been doing, for all these years. Applauding the change of direction ? I don't cause it is higly hypocrit, otherwise the new pop up blocker of Internet Explorer will block ALL popups.

Beside, the unix based permissions system has proven far superior, ask apple. Still shameful that the default XP install, in 2004, at these malware times, still logs you as an administrator . Would you feel safe using ur *nix box as root everyday ? I wouldn't.

If Ms is really serious, they wouldn't design lame things from a start. They do want you to have to patch. They do want you to consume and buy plenty anti virus, personnal firewall etc etc. Don't beleive me ? Take a look at the svchost.exe and how it werks.
So i hope SP2 will reduce these bogus traffic everyone sees.

Wake UP before its too LATE.
My 2 cents.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html