Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Virus Problem

From: "Jay R ajaldas Makhija" <jay_makhija () iitb ac in>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:18:49 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

We are having Windows 2000 network in the lab , We are stuck due to a
virus. The symptoms of it are :
1) Error message coming after login - "No Paging file found or paging file
too small" paging file limit is set to well above the limits still it
actually allocates 20 MB for it.It doesnot changes even after setting new
'Initial File size' & 'Maximum File Size'.

2) It disables the norton antivius.

We tried stinger for it & that found W32/Nachi.worm in svchost.exe and
deleted the svchost.exe. Still paging error is  same.

On searching google we found one more person havin similiar problem naming
it as 'badass virus' but do not found antivirus for it.

Please suggest that what could be done for it.

With regards
--
Jay Makhija
Sysad - WEL,EE Dept