Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Puzzled....

From: Jean-Marie Monnier <kedves () attglobal net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 09:13:37 +0200

Aditya, thanks a lot!

As a matter of fact, the following procedure "try rebooting in safe mode and running the scan" provided to me by Stephen Blass <Stephen.Blass () asu edu> did the trick.

I also got from Bernardo Quintero <bernardo () hispasec com> this alternate solution (untested, as the file seems to be deleted right away, as you pointed out), "Create a new message with scan () virustotal com as destination of such e-mail Put only SCAN in the subject field Attach the file to be scanned You will receive an e-mail with a report of the tile analysis." Merci to all!
jmm

This is a typical behavior where the resident sheild simply put the file in quarantine or deletes the file is this what is happening please see the options to see what AVG is doing .... -aditya