Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: !SPAM! Automated ssh scanning

From: gadgeteer () elegantinnovations org
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 05:32:44 -0600

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 03:14:27PM -0500, Ron DuFresne (dufresne () winternet com) wrote:
Those do not make alot of difference, the key is not to accept any of the
defaults by any of these dists, pick and choose carefully which individual
packages you install.   I know redhat has dependancy hell with various
packages, from the experience of trying to do as minimal as possible an
install for a webhost while migrating from sunone on solaris to
apache/redhat on the mainframe awhile back.  I do not doubt that some of
these additional dists are wraught with the same issues.  But, I do know
that slackware's installation process has the ability for one to do
finegrained installs and to determine specifically individual packages
from each package set.

Just because slack does not prevent one from installing or not, whatever
packages one chooses does not mean there is no dependency issues.  They
are there and they will break things.

cheers,
--
Chief Gadgeteer