Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: found suspicious desktop.ini in startup folders

From: Andrew <aburns () premtech com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:55:59 -0500

I actually switched to a OS X PDC and had the same problem when establishing a user's intial login with a windows XP workstation rather than a windows 2k workstation. It was just a file XP put into the users' profile, and as the knowledge base said, just delete it from the profile on your server should fix the problem. If I recall correctly the reason it shows up is the differences in how the desktop is handled in roaming profiles between WinXP and Win2k. The company I work for is very small, and so I'm not positive on the differences for win2k3

Andrew