Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: [RHSA-2003:279-01] Updated OpenSSH packages fix potential vulnerability

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:28:31 -0400

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:31:24 EDT, "Brown, Rodrick" said:

I tend to agree with the author the vendor spamming is getting ridiclous 90%
of there users dont even read securitylists, and its very redundant and silly
to have 6 to 10 vendors spam mailinglists with patches to a exploited
application we have been discussing for months.

Procmail is your friend..

:0
*List-Id:.*full-disclosure
*From:.*security@(redhat|suse|sgi|microsoft|hp|debian).(com|org)
/dev/null

Add salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste. (No, it won't work as-is)

Also, it really helps if your MUA is smart enough to do duplicate suppression
based on Message-ID:.