Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: EXPLOIT : RPC DCOM (MS03-039)

From: "Jerry Heidtke" <jheidtke () fmlh edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:04:50 -0500

The exploit at http://www.k-otik.com/exploits/09.16.MS03-039-exp.c.php is rather limited. It only creates a local
administrator account named "e" with a password of "asd#321". But, it only works against Windows 2000 (English) with
SP3 or SP4, if it works at all.

I've seen references to other exploits out there, along with some source and executables, including one that is much
more capable. It allegedly works against all SP and language versions of both Windows 2000 and XP. It gives access to a
command shell that has Local System rights, and might easily be modified to work as part of a universal worm package.
Remember that Blaster and Welchia/Nachia both had to "guess" whether they were attacking W2K or XP. This new exploit
works either way.

Here's a link to a screen shot of it:

http://haiyangtop.533.net/1.jpg

Rather than a sleeping bag, a one-way ticket to a nice uninhabited island sounds better.

Jerry