Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Security firm Symantec has rubbed subscribers to the Full-Disclosure mailing list the wrong way

From: Cael Abal <lists () onryou com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:30:12 -0400

Yes, in this time of the "Busch"wackers, it is all too easy for the gov'ment
to rob us of our freedom.  And unfortunately there are far too many
corporate types ready to take advantage of that in the name of the almighty
buck. Wired is cool though.  They went on to say " He did not say, though,
how legislators would determine the difference between malicious information
and that used for legitimate security research, or whether such a law might
compromise freedom of speech."

Good morning Curt,

Incidentally, if you're worried about corporate types and their quest for the almighty buck, I'm not so sure you should consider Wired the last bastion of truth and freedom. The mag is owned by Conde Nast Publications *, a gigantic conglomerate which also happens to own:

The New Yorker
GQ
Vogue / Teen Vogue
Vanity Fair
Glamour

Nearly 20 magazines in total, I believe. Oh, and the fun doesn't stop there.

Conde Nast is owned by Advance Publications, which also owns "Parade Publications, Fairchild Publications, American City Business Journals, the Golf Digest Companies, and newspapers in more than twenty American cities; Advance Publications also has extensive interests in cable television, as well as in Internet sites which are related to its print publications." *

Take from this what you will.

Sincerely,

Cael

---