Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [disclosure] Re: Subject prefix changing! READ THIS! SURVEY!!

From: Bruno <bruno_fob () bellsouth net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:12:28 -0500

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:39:15 -0600
Michael Berg <mberg447 () comcast net> wrote:

I agree the current [Full-Disclosure] needs to be dropped.

I'd personally prefer to see it shortened to [FD] (option #2) since I
follow Full-Disclosure and bugtraq (and maintain archives of interesting
threads on both lists).  Given that a number of messages are cross
posted to both lists, having some extra unique tag to match (like an
[FD] in the subject) allows me to easily separate duplicate cross posts
into the appropriate archive folders for each list.

I could live with option #1 (no prefix at all) as well, but it would be
a slight annoyance at times.

  Hey folks,

  ALL LIST MEMBERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO RESPOND AND MAKE A CHOICE AS TO HOW
  THEY WANT THIS BASIC FUNCTION OF THE LIST TO CONTINUE OPERATING.

  The subject header is going to change.

  This is a survey to see whether people want:

  1. To have no subject prefix, that is, we remove [Full-Disclosure]
  or
  2. To shorten the subject prefix from [Full-Disclosure] to [FD]
  or
  3. Do nothing

  1. The first choice is preferable for me and, I would hope, for most
  folks. Len says he didn't really want it when he started the list
  anyways. So we are actually going to change it now.

  2. Choice two may be preferable for people who can only filter their
  incoming messages based on the subject prefix. So, if you WANT there to
  continue to be a subject prefix, SPEAK UP!!!

  3. Choice three sucks and if anyone wants this SPEAK UP so we know just
  how many people want this. This is the least preferrable as it clutters
  the Subject header and makes the list harder to read through for those
  of us using a text based e-mail client.

--
The difference between common-sense and paranoia is that common-sense
is thinking everyone is out to get you. That's normal -- they are.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

I prefer option 2, as this will make keeping filters up to date a lot simpler.
--
Bruno
-----