Full Disclosure mailing list archives

[Full-Disclosure] Re: Full-disclosure digest, Vol 1 #1114 - 33 msgs

From: Arthur Corliss <corliss () digitalmages com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:11:36 -0800 (AKDT)

Message: 14
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:16:57 +0200
From: "I.R.van Dongen" <vdongen () hetisw nl>
To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Re: Administrivia: Noise and Politics

<snip>

"Those who are ready to sacrifice freedom for security ultimately will lose both."
--Abraham Lincoln

If Lincoln actually did make this quote, it seems only to elaborate on an idea
expressed by Ben Franklin that (paraphrased) "those that sacrifice freedom for
security deserve neither."

In any event, my impression from the grass roots is that the media (for once)
has actually rendered a service in engendering some level or paranioa about
infringements top our right to privacy.  I don't think it is a politically
tenable position to push tagging devices, even where it would make perfect
sense (like automated inventory control and tracking).  It wouldn't hurt my
feelings if the lid was kept on Pandora's box a bit longer. . .

        --Arthur Corliss

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html