Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Why does a home computer user need DCOM?

From: "Quite Mad" <cocksucker () mail2man com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 00:31:31 -0700

Just thought I would share this find with you. http://grc.com/dcom/

Getting Yourself DCOMbobulated

Download and run our small (29 kbyte) "DCOMbob.exe" utility. It will
display the "DCOMbobulator?" information page to explain its operation,
with two additional page tabs as shown in the screen shot above: "Am I
Vulnerable?" to test the current state of your system's DCOM facility
and "DCOMbobulate Me!" to allow you to disable or re-enable DCOM as you
choose.

Message: 11