Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Computer Sabotage by Microsoft

From: William Warren <hescominsoon () adelphia net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:29:08 -0400

unfortunately just by opening the xbox somewhere in there is probably a EULA that says MS can do what it wants when it wants and by powering up the console you agree to it..standard fare.

Stefan Esser wrote:

Hi,

well it finally happened. I came back home after work, connected my
XBOX to the internet and went into the XBOX-Live menu configuration.
Well what happened. The XBOX started automaticly downloading the new
crappy XBOX-Live dashboard, which is of course fixed.
This is IMHO an act of computer sabotage. I have never allowed MS
to modify my dashboard or to auto update my dashboard.

Is any lawyer on the list who can point me to the right paragraphs?
I do not believe this computer sabotage is legal in any european
country.

Yours,
Stefan Esser

--
May God Bless you and everything you touch.

My "foundation" verse:
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html