Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Backdoor.Sdbot.N Question

From: cseagle <cseagle () redshift com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 23:57:24 -0700

It sounds like the agobot3 ircbot/backdoor that appeared a few weeks ago on a couple of college campuses. The version I have seen installs itself as svchosl.exe and winhl32.exe. The only online writeup I can find is here and matches what I have in the lab:

http://www.trendmicro.com.cn/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_AGOBOT.P&VSect=T

Chris

James Patterson Wicks wrote:

Update:  Looked at the firewall and saw that some systems were trying to contact outside systems on ports 135 and 445.  It looks
and acts like "W32.HLLW.Gaobot.AA", but it would have to be some sort of variant due to the change in the file names.
Whatdoyathink?