Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: FW: Microsoft Security Update

From: "Ferris, Robin" <R.Ferris () napier ac uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:03:33 +0100

its too easy block macro viruses now though, what with mail gateways and
heuristic scanning etc etc you need to find a way of automating the attack,
keeping the human double click element to a minimum. What I should have
probably done was "propagate anything effectively on a large scale" so some
kiddies and gunna work out how to exploit the macro ones but I havent seen
one of them for ages that was any good.

The little kiddies arent the problem, the problem for admins is the person
ro group that code things like slammer, sobig etc with about 5 to 6 days to
go before the potential release of the nxt sobig Im looking to see what
people think of this specific problem and to see if people think its gunna
be exploited, and I mean exploited big.

but I get your point though on the macro's issue

RF