Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re: Prudent default security

From: Steve Wray <steve.wray () paradise net nz>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:16:20 +1200

Sigh, you are right.
On the one hand, as a Linux geek from way back,
I have a small sense of pride in my lack of MS knowledge.
But I use MS; XP is a great desktop, Outlook is a great
mail client (I also use a Linux desktop and kmail is a great
mail client).

So, on the other hand, I know that there are a lot of
*nix people out there who endlessly bash MS without
any knowledge of that which they curse. I don't want to
be one of those.

When the ignorant ask honest questions, don't
get abusive, just answer them... Please?

[mailto:full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com] On Behalf Of
From: Steve Wray [mailto:steve.wray () paradise net nz]

I know that there are some nice tools for doing remote and
bulk admin
for the latest iterations of the Windows operating system,
but from what I've seen, they lack maturity and often cause
more trouble than they help prevent (DCOM? Am I right? Does
anyone leave remote registry on?)

Steve, you should stop now.  Your embarassing lack of knowledge of
Windows is all too obvious.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html