Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: [inbox] Re: CyberInsecurity: The cost ofMonopoly

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:58:02 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Stromberg [mailto:strombrg () dcs nac uci edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 12:26 PM
To: Bruce Ediger
Cc: Dan Stromberg; full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: RE: [inbox] Re: [Full-disclosure] CyberInsecurity:
The cost ofMonopoly

On 20-20 or 60 minutes or something a while back, I saw a
bunch of kids on camera, in a gun safety class, who didn't
know they were on camera.
They were pointing guns at each other, and pulling triggers,
and saying "bang" like it was a toy.

Hopefully it was at the *beginning* of the course and the guns were
unloaded.  And hopefully the instructor was *there* and immediately put
a stop to it and explained why they shouldn't do that.

Of course we'll probably never know because the news media only wants to
show the sensational stuff.  They never follow up with the other side of
stories (unless those are sensational as well.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member