Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Vendor non-acknowledgement

From: Giovanni Bobbio <giovanni () communicationvalley it>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:02:20 +0200

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 18:07, Florian Weimer wrote:
On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:37:53AM -0500, Kent A wrote:
Novell recently put out security release
(http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10087316.htm)
based upon my notifications to them.  Do most vendors acknowledge
security professionals that bring vulnerabilities to them?

I can understand that a company such as Novell doesn't want to credit
"Kent A <bowulf () myrealbox com>" with the discovery of a software
vulnerability.

I don't understand it, could you explain your rationale?
And we don't really know whether he identified himself as Kent A or Mickey
Mouse or...

Giovanni

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html