Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: VeriSign's fake SMTP server for SiteFinder

From: Joshua Levitsky <jlevitsk () joshie com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:53:35 -0400

On Sep 22, 2003, at 7:50 PM, Richard M. Smith wrote:

I don't think the Verisign SMTP server would suffer.  Since it rejects
incoming messages before the message body and attachments are sent.
Darn it.

Another approach might be to start selling CD's with 30 million email
addresses for spaming that have nothing but bad domain names.

Of course, all this would be wrong anyway.  We don't really want to be
following Verisign's bad example and hacking the Internet. ;-)

Damn.. I must be sleepy since I just told someone that they error out before you hit the DATA portion of the transaction.

I like the CD idea... tho yes.. it would be in poor taste... and probably less fun than flushing all the toilets in the dorm at 2am...

-Josh

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html