Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Scanning the PCs for RPC Vulnerability

From: Nadeem Rafi <nrafi () jeraisy com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:06:46 +0300

I have found some faults in the scanning tools available from Foundstone and Microsoft for RPC vulnerable machines.
Both of  these tools are not error free. These tools are showing the ip addresses of even those machines which are
Windows 9x, Windows98/Sec, Windows ME. Both tools are not free from this error.
And Foundstone's RPC Scan tool is even more error prone. If you even applied all the patches in correct  sequence even
then some of my machines are reported as "Vulnerable".

Any body have any experience with these problems or any suggestions please let me know.

Best Regards,

Nadeem Rafi