Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft moves beyond patches

From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:50:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Frank Knobbe wrote:

The funniest thing in a while.... Microsoft is conceding defeat on the
patch front AND running in the wrong direction:

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5085251.html?tag=st_lh

Somebody please tell them that the days of perimeter defense have come
and passed...

Unless you are promoting host based defense, which is not quite there yet,
and an administrative nightmare, I think you'd find a strong argument this
is *not* the case, at least at present.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html